Welcome
Welcome to weatherby

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Early V serial number weatherby

Discuss general Weatherby topics here.

Early V serial number weatherby

Postby Jeffwitda240 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Okay purchased off the internet was advertised as a VGX upon recieving I notice VGX was not written anywhere on the rifle. Looked into to serial number (V70650) model came up as a 1970 vanguard by weatherby. I have never heard of this model can anyone enlighten me as to if this is the model name and a value
Jeffwitda240

Re: Early V serial number weatherby

Postby westhunt22 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Jeffwitda240 wrote:Okay purchased off the internet was advertised as a VGX upon recieving I notice VGX was not written anywhere on the rifle. Looked into to serial number (V70650) model came up as a 1970 vanguard by weatherby. I have never heard of this model can anyone enlighten me as to if this is the model name and a value

Your rifle is a Vanguard, it's just one of the earlier models. They have a slim recoil pad, rather than the full length "waffle side pattern" style. From 1970 - 1984, there was only one version of the Vanguard -- Gloss stock, rosewood tipe. In 1984, Weatherby came out with some new variations - satin finished stocks, lightweight synthetic, and Classic style stock. When they did that, they added the full length pad to the gloss Vanguard, and re-designated it the Vanguard Deluxe (VGX).
:)
westhunt22

Re: Early V serial number weatherby

Postby Jeffwitda240 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Hey thanx man Its a good looking rifle for the age but it wasnt as a good of a deal as I thought it was when it was a VGX lol so i think im going to be sending it back
Jeffwitda240

Return to Weatherby